For decades, women who underwent a gynecological examination were often subjected to a lengthy and often cumbersome clinical experience involving antiquated equipment, and a less-than-comfortable visit. It was also no better for clinicians conducting the exam: colposcopists relied on outmoded technology resulting in uncomfortable positioning and lengthy exams. Fortunately, the world of women’s health has seen many technological advances in recent years.
Enter the digital age of women’s medical technology, and the application of digital colposcopy in the quest to accurately diagnose cervical cancer. Advancements in digital camera technology and high-definition lenses have offered a tremendous leap forward for medical testing and diagnoses. Clinical examiners are now able to take advantage of state-of-the-art imaging and information storage and retrieval — all critical aspects of the information-gathering effort in treating gynecology patients.
A More Exact and Efficient Colposcopy Process.
The digital colposcopy process is now streamlined, more exacting, easier to control and operate, less strenuous on the body, and provides a data uploading, storage and retrieval process that is integrative, virtually effortless, and fully state of the art. Image clarity is also greatly improved, thanks to precise lenses and autofocus. What formerly might have taken many minutes and much effort to achieve is now completed in significantly less time, with much greater accuracy and image clarity.
The advantages of a digital colposcope versus an optical colposcope include:
- Upright, eye-level positioning, providing more space and comfort for the examiner and a less intrusive exam for the patient.
- EMR Integration: This allows images to be uploaded to patient files, creating a more streamlined, timely and efficient workflow.
- Intuitive functionality: Due to ease of use of the LT-300 colposcope, new users get up to speed with new equipment quickly.
- Shorter exams: With digital colposcopy, patients spend considerably less time in the examination room than during an exam that relies on traditional optical colposcopy.
- Lutech offers a compact, mobile solution: The LT-300 colposcope is an all-in-one device. It’s mobile and easily transportable — attributes greatly appreciated in developing and rural areas and in facilities with multiple exam rooms.
Lutech is a leader in the design and development of state-of-the-art digital video colposcopes. Medical professions nationwide and around the world turn to Lutech for superior cervical imaging leading to precision diagnoses. Lutech colposcopes, with intuitive functionality, make the examination process fast, easy, accurate, and highly efficient. The benefits to practitioners and patients are enormous, and greatly appreciated.
Digital video colposcopy represents a major advancement in FemTech and in gynecological examinations in particular. Lutech stands at the forefront of these advances with digital video colposcopy that is employed nationwide and around the world, helping physicians, nurses and technicians to accurately capture, store and disseminate pristine images that accurately diagnose cervical cancer, leading to better treatments and longer lives.
Click here to request a quote for the Lutech LT-300 digital colposcope.